- Headteacher's Welcome
- About Us
- Mission statement
- Intensive Interaction
- The Son-Rise Program (Options)
- Sensory Intergation Therapy
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Picture for Object Trading
- Personalised teaching and learning
- Emphasis on fun and enjoyment
- Careful use of language
- Behaviour programmes and social scripts
- Comprehensive assessments
- Early literacy
- High but realistic expectations
- What About speech and verbal skills?
- Pre-phonics Literacy
- Emotional Well Being
- Uffculme Trust
- British Values
Emphasis on fun and enjoyment
It is widely accepted that learning is significantly enhanced if the process is enjoyable. The government’s ‘Every Child Matters’ initiative recognises this as one of its five outcomes (‘enjoy and achieve’).
We, therefore, incorporate personal interests to the extent it is possible into teaching resources and pupil rewards are personalised to maximise motivation and promote positive attitudes to learning.