- Headteacher's Welcome
- About Us
- Mission and Vision
- Intensive Interaction
- The Son-Rise Program (Options)
- Sensory Intergation Therapy
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Picture for Object Trading
- Personalised teaching and learning
- Emphasis on fun and enjoyment
- Careful use of language
- Behaviour programmes and social scripts
- Comprehensive assessments
- Early literacy
- High but realistic expectations
- What About speech and verbal skills?
- Pre-phonics Literacy
- Emotional Well Being
- Uffculme Trust
- British Values
What About speech and verbal skills?
What about speech and verbal skills?
Functional and meaningful verbal communication is the long-term aim for all pupils at Uffculme School. All pupils who are non-verbal on entry to the school are introduced to a method of communication which best fits their level of communication development. This is reviewed regularly to ensure optimal functionality.
‘Picture for Object Trading’ is a picture based communication system developed at Uffculme School and is closely linked to the school’s ‘Sentence Building Programme’ which is not reliant on verbal ability or verbal comprehension. Pupils’ vocabulary and language skills are further developed using the school’s pre-phonics literacy programmes.