Home Learning: Mental Health
Home Learning Resources
If your child is off school for an extended period of time we understand that this places additional pressure on families. Some of our students may be happy following their usual weekend/school holiday routines at home and you may have lots of ideas for activities you can do together as a family. Others may really miss the routine and structure offered from school and may need extra support and reassurance. Some families may want to structure their day and organize home learning activities and/or online learning for their children.
Whatever you decide if best for your family we are here to support you. We have pulled together a range of resources for you to use at home should you want to use them.
We are also available to support you with home education if you need it please email email@example.com . This may be for support with selecting resources at the right level for your child, teaching and learning advice if your child is finding something difficult or anything else we may be able to offer advice on. We would also love to see the results of any home learning so please use this email to celebrate your work with your child.
Young Minds –
Looking after your mental health while self isolating
Advice for parents and advice about talking to your child about coronavirus.
Coronavirus Story by Elsa Support
Dave the Dog is worried about Coronavirus
Helpline services available
- Provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK if you are experiencing a mental health crisis
- If you need urgent help text YM to 85258
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.
- Talking about Coronavirus
- Comforts, advises and protects children 24 hours a day and offers free confidential counselling.
- Phone 0800 1111 (24 hours)
- Chat 1-2-1 with a counsellor online
- Information, support and listening for people under 25.
- Phone 0808 808 4994 (24 hours)
Get support online
- 24 hour confidential listening and support for anyone who needs it. (Adults included.)
- Phone 116 123 (24 hours)
Support for Parents
Contact school if you need advice or support with home education. Even if children are not physically in school many of our staff will be able to offer advice and support over the telephone or via. email.
Keep in touch with friends and family – a video chat can boost mental wellbeing and help you feel less isolated. Daily social contact is really important for all of us.
Many local groups are being setup on social media – find one near you so we can support each other if we need it. Can’t find one? Why not set one up. Many local streets are also setting up WhatsApp groups to provide mutual support, help with shopping etc.
Many parents have reached out for support in accessing the outdoors at this time. Many thanks to a parent for passing on this A guide to exercise