Birmingham City Council
We are proud to be part of an exciting and vibrant city. There is a deep commitment within the authority to improve experiences and outcomes for children and young people with SEND.
Click here for the Birmingham Local Offer
The information you can find on the Local Offer Website includes:
- Sources of support, advice and information for children, young people and families including support groups and forums.
- Special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities
- Arrangements to identify and assess children and young people with SEN, including how an assessment can be requested.
- Other educational provision, for example leisure activities, sports or arts provision,
- Information about provision to assist in preparing children and young people for adulthood including post-16 education and training provision
- Arrangements for travel to and from schools, post-16 institutions and early years providers
- Childcare, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEND
- Support available to young people in higher education, particularly the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and the process and timescales for making an application for DSA
- Arrangements for resolving disagreements and for mediation, and details about making complaints