Birmingham Local Offer
The information you can find on the Local Offer Website includes:
- Sources of support, advice and information for children, young people and families including support groups and forums.
- Special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities
- Arrangements to identify and assess children and young people with SEN, including how an assessment can be requested.
- Other educational provision, for example leisure activities, sports or arts provision,
- Information about provision to assist in preparing children and young people for adulthood including post-16 education and training provision
- Arrangements for travel to and from schools, post-16 institutions and early years providers
- Childcare, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEND
- Support available to young people in higher education, particularly the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and the process and timescales for making an application for DSA
- Arrangements for resolving disagreements and for mediation, and details about making complaints
The SEND Local Offer website includes information, advice, support and resources for SEND families, professionals, children, young people and schools in Birmingham....and we want more people to know that.
Birmingham have produced a 2-minute video as part of the work to promote the website more widely; it shows what is on offer in Birmingham for SEND families, so please share with colleagues, parents and carers and help to spread the word.